Toon onbeantwoorde berichten
Toon actieve onderwerpen

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 3 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Possible leaky tent
BerichtGeplaatst: 05 jun 2017, 23:35 
Rookie

Hi there,

I recently bought a secondhand Albatros which I tested a couple of weeks ago in the backgarden during a storm and eveything was fine with no leaks. As the canvas was quite dirty, last weekend I gave it a thorough wash with warm water only and then once dry I brushed and hoovered it. As this involved collapsing and erecting the tent a few times I only partially erected it to let it dry out. It is now standing using just the centre pole and door poles (with no ceiling poles from centre to door). There has been another rainstorm this evening and I noticed some drops of water leaking in above the doorway. Also the canvas feels damp to the touch on the inside, i.e. the rain is not simply beading on the outer surface and running off. Is this to be expected as the tent is not pitched properly - I'm now worried I might have damaged the canvas somehow? Thanks for any thoughts/advice.

Julian

Profiel  

Berichttitel: Re: Possible leaky tent
BerichtGeplaatst: 06 jun 2017, 15:50 
Very Extremely experienced Camper

Afbeeldingen: 18
Let it dry very well en than pitch it again.
When the fabric is still strong it should be posible to clean it. I do the cleaning proces a little bit different. First dirt and dust off brushing or with the vacuum cleaner. And then with the garden hose. Some use even pressure washer.

Profiel Persoonlijk album  

Berichttitel: Re: Possible leaky tent
BerichtGeplaatst: 06 jun 2017, 16:50 
Rookie

OK thanks a lot, Marlies - I will give that a try. I am supposed to be taking my wife and 2 small children camping in it for the first time this weekend, so hopefully everything will be OK!

Profiel  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 3 berichten ]